Re: Alternatives for the term 'primary language'

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:32:58 -0400
To: Jony Rosenne <rosennej@qsm.co.il>
Cc: www-international@w3.org

Jony Rosenne scripsit:

> After reading the references, I support document language.
>
> This is the plainest phrase. In the example, the document is in German,
> although it may contain Chinese phrases.

That doesn't well cover the case of a Hebrew Bible with footnotes and
explanations in English, though.  Most of the text is in Hebrew, but
the document as a whole is obviously intended for anglophones.

For another use case, a French-Italian dictionary for French-speakers
will look quite different from a French-Italian dictionary for Italian-
speakers, and the difference is precisely in the language of the
intended audience.

--
Do what you will,                       John Cowan
   this Life's a Fiction                cowan@ccil.org