  From: souravm
  To: Goutam Kumar Saha ; www-international@w3.org
  Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 2:28 PM
  Subject: RE: Bengali Locale Specific Data (RFC 3066)

  Hi Gautam,

  That's a good info.

  I'm really curious to know

  -          Based on what this classification is made ? Is it based on any standard followed in India ?

  -          Are all these variants have their corresponding written form ? I'm not sure as I've not seen any literature/web-site etc. in the radhi/kamrupi/barendri/ or jharkhandi form.

  -          Which one of them is related to the Bengali in Bangladesh ? I guess bn-IN-bangali

  In general my worry is if these 5 variants are not much in use in Bengali Literature/Web Site etc. is it needed to have these 5 different variants.

  Regards,

  Sourav

  Principal Architect
  APAC, Infosys Technologies Limited