Re: Bengali Locale Specific Data (RFC 3066)

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 01:56:21 -0400
To: souravm <SOURAVM@infosys.com>
Cc: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, www-international@w3.org

souravm scripsit:

> I'm not really sure whether we have to differentiate between the
> dialects of same language across countries or even within countries. By
> that way I don't know how many variations have to be created.

Sure.  There is no necessity to create the subtag -sylhet at all.
And if you do, there is no requirement that it be used with a country
tag.  If there is no significant differences between the two
countries, it is recommended to use simply bn-sylhet.

--
John Cowan    cowan@ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
Heckler: "Go on, Al, tell 'em all you know.  It won't take long."