Re: I18N attributes in NewsML 2

Yes, you'll need to set direction at the block/paragraph-level to properly
initialize the Unicode BiDi rule (and above paragraph if you have lists or
other indention). It's probably fine to allow setting dir anyplace you set
lang (which would include on span/inlines).

Is the NewsML-2 spec available? I reviewed several of the earlier drafts.

At 2005.12.10-12:22(-0500), John.Cowan wrote:

>Misha Wolf scripsit:
>
> > So we need to support [the "dir"] attribute in NewsML 2.  I suggest that
> > we support it wherever we decide to support xml:lang.
>
>I agree.
>
>--
>A: "Spiro conjectures Ex-Lax."                  John Cowan
>Q: "What does Pat Nixon frost her cakes with?"  jcowan@reutershealth.com