Re: New article published: xml:lang in XML document schemas

Felix Sasaki wrote:

> It seems to me that we are discussing s.t. which is not the topic of the
> article. The article is a FAQ about whether you sould use xml:lang or
> s.t. else. The topic of our discussion is rather a side issue for this
> article, and for that reason I don't see a harm in leaving the article
> as it is. Our issue seems to be a QA "Do I need to declare xml:lang in
> my XML document schema?", with the aspect of different schema languages
> and another aspect of testing constraints of RFC 3066 or further
> constraining them. The discussion about this was very helpful and could
> be an input to such a short FAQ. Any thoughts on this?

I felt that my query as to the technical correctness of the article has
been adequately addressed, (revealing my error). The discussion revealed
a surprising aspect of schema that is correctly portrayed in the
article. I see no need for change in the article.

I have found the discussion helpful. It is unclear to me whether the
self-selecting group on www-international is the target audience of the
FAQs. I suspect many audiences will accept the current FAQ's instruction
to declare xml:lang in an XML Schema. (The observation that you can
refine the definition to say restrict the acceptable languages may be
pertinent to such an audience)

Jeremy