Re: IRI with compatibility character, unwise?

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:14:19 +0100
To: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
CC: www-international@w3.org

Thanks to all; comments have been helpful.

We are currently thinking about doing a rather better job of IRI support
than we have at the moment; it is not yet specified, but would minimally:
- be based on RFC 3987 (and 3986)
- also support the 'legacy' concept of RDF URI Reference, but warn when
a non-IRI, RDF URI Reference occurs.

It would be best if it could offer the sort of analysis that went into
this support request.

I think from our point of view there are some clear advantages to IRIs.
Is there an off-the-shelf open source Java package that does say the
equivalent of java.net.URI with the various IRI nuances.

Jeremy