Re: New article for REVIEW: Upgrading from language-specific legacy encoding to Unicode encoding

2005/8/24, Jony Rosenne <rosennej@qsm.co.il>:

> Where the text is long enough, a separate documnet linked to from the main
> document is in order.

agree.

For Hebrew, the situation is a little simpler: In the general case it is not
> possible to convert visual to logical automatically.

Hum??? How can it be...
Simon: did we do the visual hewbrew to logical hebrew conversion in Gecko
before we pipe the ISO-8859-8 info to the Mac ATSUI ? It surely is a hard
process but if that is not possible how can we deal with visual form on an
environment which only support logical input ? (Like ATSUI or WorldScript II
on MacOS)

Jony

Frank Yung-Fong Tang 譚永鋒
Šýšţém Årçĥîţéçţ

Day: 703-265-6347 http://people.netscape.com/ftang
Skype: FrankYungFongTang Yahoo IM: FrankYungFongTan
AIM ID: ytang0648 MSN IM: FrankYungFongTang@hotmail.com