Re: bidi discussion list was: Bidi Markup vs Unicode control characters

Stephen Deach wrote:

> I would like to see your list of languages using RTL scripts.
>
> The only scripts identified as RTL in Unicode are Arabic and Hebrew.
> (Then there is the strange case of Mongolian which is marked as LTR but
> I think should be treated as "RTL rotated to read top-down".)

Mongolian is LTR because when it goes horizontal for brief spans, it is
usually LTR. (Probably because most scripts out there are LTR.) Longer
texts are always laid out vertically, in which case Mongolian has the
same directionality behavior as CJK.

~fantasai