Re: New article for REVIEW: Using character entities and NCRs

Frank Ellermann wrote on 8/6/2005, 10:40 AM:

 > Frank Yung-Fong Tang wrote:
 >
 > > What does 'everywhere' mean? For sure it won't work for
 > > the brower I wrote 9.5 years ago...
 >
 > <about:authors> - I18N - Frank Tang, yes.  Hey, thanks,
 > this is still the best browser for my small OS/2 box. :-)
 >
 > BTW, it also doesn't work in version 4.x.  Together with
 > a prehistoric "IBM WebExplorer" three of my four browsers
 > don't like hex. NCRs, and the fourth is Lynx.  Bye, Frank
 > --
 > http://purl.net/xyzzy/lab.htm#netscape

Netscape released 6.x in Nov 2001 to upgrade 4.x. And 4.x won't render
decimal NCR if it cannot be encode in the document encoding anyway.
Does these browsers you mentioned support HTML 4.0 at all? When is the
last time they release the latest version?