RE: Primary Language in HTML, XHTML and XML

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:11:27 -0000
To: <www-international@w3.org>

> > > [Carrasco]
> > > Indeed, Apache processes the above syntax in Tranparent Content
> > > Negotiation (TCN) and will put it in the HTTP header field
> > > Content-Language.
> > [Jon Hanna]
> > Yes, this is a nice way of doing this, but it's (wisely) being
> > transparent makes it an implementation detail "away" from the web.
>
> I not sure if I understand the comment, please could you elaborate ?

If you go to http://example.net/somepath/something and get served the
English HTML version obtained from something.en.html the fact that language
information is encoded in the filename is not visible to you as a web user,
it's a mere implementation detail.

Regards,
Jon Hanna
Work: <http://www.selkieweb.com/>