Re: IRI and IDN in RDF

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:05:52 +0900
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: "Krall, Gary" <gkrall@verisign.com>, "'Chris Lilley'" <chris@w3.org>, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto@gmuer.ch>, www-international@w3.org

At 18:46 05/01/13, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

 >Martin
 >
 >when this round of specs come to fruition i.e.
 >   RFC2396bis
 >   IRI RFC

That may happen 'really soon now'.

 >   charmod IRI

That may not be needed for the proposed work below.

 >I guess I would favour a round of normative errata on many specs to
formally apply the patch.... Hard to tell though, e.g. I suspect the
hardest is spaces in xsd:anyURI

Yes. Although XML Schema is the only spec that allows spaces that contains
a warning against them. I think if RDF could put up a warning for spaces
and '<' and friends, somewhere in a well visible place, that may help
the transition.

Regards,   Martin.