Re: Language Identifier List Comments, updated

From: Tex Texin <tex@xencraft.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 17:58:13 -0800
To: Misha Wolf <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com>
CC: WWW International <www-international@w3.org>, IETF Languages <ietf-languages@iana.org>

Misha,

I added them. I also added some of the IANA tags.

The page now uses CSS tags to color code language tags that come from ISO 639,
IANA registry, RFC 3066bis, or are deprecated.
(I am not adding further 3066bis tags for now.)
http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/language-identifiers.html

I would appreciate it if suggestions for further additions came in the form of:
    "add this language tag to these regions."

(Misha's suggestions were obvious. I am hoping to get more corrections and
additions.)

My objective remains to address the problem (perhaps my problem) of whether a
tag should be one or two or more subtags
and the establishment of criteria for making the choice.

I hope there will be further discussion of that issue.

tex