RE: Language Identifier List up for comments

From: Jony Rosenne <rosennej@qsm.co.il>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:11:18 +0200
To: "'IETF Languages'" <ietf-languages@iana.org>, <www-international@w3.org>

- except for Israeli Yiddish users (I had an e-mail from an American Yiddish
expert who explained that they don't count because they are influenced by
Hebrew).

- except for the Soviet Yiddish, which used a very different orthography,
such as עמעס instead of אמת.

- whatever is the current practice, there is a long history and much legacy
texts.

Jony