Re: line breaks within arabic text containing letin characters

Jasper,

As Richard said, there may be something else in your code.

Any way, the code
AR1 en1 en2 AR2 AR3
shoud give
3RA 2RA en1 en2 1RA
without line break, and
en1 1RA
3RA 2RA en2
with a line break between en1 and en2. <br /> tag or a browser-wrap line
break

Now, with the default ltr direction
AR1 en1 en2 AR2 AR3
should give
1RA en1 en2 3RA 2RA
without line break, and
1RA en1
en2 3RA 2RA
with a line break between en1 and en2. <br /> tag or browser-wrap line break

I put an attachement for test. Works for Mozilla17 and Safari12.

Hope this helps

Regards, Najib

--
Najib TOUNSI (mailto:tounsi@w3.org)