Von: www-international-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-international-request@w3.org] Im Auftrag von Richard Ishida
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. November 2004 12:09
An: 'Jasper Michalczik'; www-international@w3.org
Betreff: RE: line breaks within arabic text containing letin characters

Jasper,

I don't see such odd behaviour in IE6. I suspect something is strange in
your code.  I suggest you:

1. See if the same happens with
http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/samples/wrapping.html  in IE6 (click on
Arabic)

2. Read "What you need to know about the bidi algorithm and inline markup"
<http://www.w3.org/International/articles/inline-bidi-markup/> and check
your code - in particular, it is unlikely that you need to express the
directionality of your English text unless punctuation is involved.

3. check your code, and if you still can't understand why it doesn't work,
send the relevant bit of code to this list.

hope that helps,
RI

Richard Ishida
W3C