Re: New test for review: Bidi misc

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:52:03 -0700
To: GEO <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>, www-international@w3.org
> Richard Ishida wrote:
> >http://www.w3.org/International/tests/sec-bidi-misc-1
> >
> >Preliminary results show that my most recent versions of Opera, IE,
> >Firefox, Mozilla and Netscape do not correctly display bidi text in the
> >window title bar.

This seems (I think, although I'm not sure where the letter boundaries
are) to work correctly for me in Mozilla, Opera, and Konqueror, but
that's probably because my windowing system (GNOME 2.6 on Fedora Core 2)
handles bidirectional text and Arabic shaping.

It seems like this should really be described as a test of the windowing
system rather than a test of the browser.

-David