Re: JSP page directive contentType overriden by Apache tomcat?

From: by way of Martin Duerst <jshin@mailaps.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:05:16 +0900
To: www-international@w3.org

Jungshik Shin wrote:

>A. Vine wrote:
>>
>>This article may help:
>>http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Intl/MultilingualJSP/

>different places so that I think I have to emply a work-around mentioned
>in the document above which is flushing the response buffer after setting
>'charset' explicitly but before any use of JSTL that may implicitly reset
>charset.  Hopefully, custom-filters are not in action...

That work-around (freezing 'charset' in C-T header before JSTL changes it)
worked for me with Tomcat 4.1.30. I flushed the buffer after writting the
'DOCTYPE' declaration but before any use of JSTL.

KUROSAKA Teruhiko wrote:

 > are encoded in UTF-8, then a quick fix would be to add
 > META header in each JSP:

Thanks for the reply.  'Content-Type' header in HTTP header has a higher
precedence that the meta tag so that it doesn't solve my problem arising
from  the incorrect C-T header. Btw, I had that meta tag from the very
beginning.

Jungshik