RE: JSP page directive contentType overriden by Apache tomcat?

The META tag doesn't help anything if the actual encoding of the output is Latin-1. In fact, the META tag is just some text in the page (to the JSP processor): it can say anything you want and it is nice to have, but it doesn't matter. What matters is the actual conversion of the page from java.lang.String to bytes.

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.