Re: I18n recharter should address localizability

From: KUROSAKA Teruhiko <kuro@bhlab.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:05:21 -0700
To: Tex Texin <tex@xencraft.com>
Cc: www-international@w3.org, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>

Tex,
I'm not too sure what do you mean by "localize applications using
these technologies".  Do you mean the group should address
(1) Localization of materials written in XML, HTML and
     others W3C standards,
or
(2) Localization of computer applications in general ?

If you mean (1), could you give us an example where
these technologies need special cares than regular
application localization ?

If you mean (2), I wonder if W3C is the right place to
address these concerns although it can volunteer if
no other organization is doing it.

--
KUROSAKA ("Kuro") Teruhiko, San Francisco, California, USA
Internationalization Consultant --- now available for new contracts!