Re: How to organise a multilingual website

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:26:18 -0500
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: www-international@w3.org

Richard Ishida scripsit:

> Are there any other models? Are these conclusions correct?  Comments and suggestions welcome!

Full silos, with hard links for shared files, symbolic links for shared
directories.  When you burn a CD, you allow the links to expand into
separate copies.  This allows arbitrary customization easily (e.g. contact
information may be different for anglophones and francophones).

--
A poetical purist named Cowan           [that's me: jcowan@reutershealth.com]
Once put the rest of us dowan.          [on xml-dev]