Re: New FAQ for review: Setting charset information in .htaccess

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 00:58:57 +0200
To: "Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: <www-international@w3.org>

* Richard Ishida wrote:
>Yes.  But I based the question on the specific question I am asked many
>times, which is what directives to use in the .htaccess file.  Might be
>worth adding some of this somewhere though.

The problem is that many readers will try to read the document out of
context because someone pointed at the document in a mailing list or
Usenet discussion even if their actual problem is not to find the right
directives for the .htaccess file; what I want is that the article gives
such readers sufficient context to help themselves if the article alone
turns out to be unhelpful to avoid that they get too disappointed by it.