26th Unicode Conference - Call for Papers - May 21 is Due Date

From: Tex Texin <tex@xencraft.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 20:37:17 -0400
To: w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org, www-international@w3.org, openi18n@openi18n.org

           Send in your paper proposals now! Last day is May 21!

     Twenty-sixth Internationalization and Unicode Conference (IUC26)

                    Internationalization and Web Services
             Internationalization For An Expanded European Union

                            September 8-10, 2004
                             San Jose, CA, USA

                     Submissions due:    May 21, 2004
                     Notification date:  June 4, 2004
                     Papers due:         June 25, 2004

Each conference covers a wide range of Unicode and internationalization
topics in a variety of contexts, while also exploring one or more topics
in greater depth. This conference program will have an emphasis on the
current problems and potential solutions for designing and deploying Web
services in scenarios where users and services span the globe.

Several countries were added to the European Union on May 1.
This will create new internationalization and localization requirements
for software and Web applications. This conference will identify these
requirements and provide effective ways to upgrade software to meet
the new challenges.

The conference Web site has more details and numerous example topics:

If you are using Unicode in software or on the Web, bring your experience,
knowledge and your remaining questions to light! We invite you to submit
papers describing challenges you faced, lessons learned, and ideas for
future implementation. Our audience is very interested in how Unicode and
internationalization are being applied in the real world. Come and share
your ideas with the peers and industry experts in attendance.

This is the premier technical conference for software and Web
internationalization and your source for the latest information on
standards, best practices, development tools and advances in the
globalization of software and the Internet. The Internationalization &
Unicode Conference features a number of presentation formats including
tutorials, workshops, lectures, and panel discussions to support different
learning styles. The conference also provides a forum for identifying and
discussing new issues in internationalization.

New technologies, innovative Internet applications, and the evolving
Unicode Standard bring new challenges along with their new capabilities.
Join us in exploring the opportunities created by the latest advances,
understanding how to leverage them, and the potential pitfalls. Share your
ideas for best practices for designing applications that can accommodate
any language.

Attendees benefit from the wide range of basic to advanced topics
and the opportunities for dialog and idea exchange with experts
and peers.

We invite you to submit papers on the conference themes or topics
that relate to Unicode or any aspect of software and Web

You can view the programs of previous conferences at:

Conference attendees are generally involved in either the development and
deployment of Unicode software, or the globalization of software and the
Internet. They include managers, software engineers, testers, systems
analysts, program managers, font designers, graphic designers, content
developers, Web designers, Web administrators, site coordinators,
technical writers, and product marketing personnel.

The Conference SHOWCASE area is for corporations and individuals
who wish to display and promote their products, technology and/or

Exhibit space is limited. For further information or to reserve a
place, please contact Global Meeting Services at

Unicode(r) and the Unicode logo are registered trademarks of Unicode, Inc.
Used with permission.