Re: browsers sending numeric character references.

From: Shigemichi Yazawa <yazawa@globalsight.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 23:39:58 -0700
To: "Chris Haynes" <chris@harvington.org.uk>
Cc: "Michael Monaghan" <Michael.Monaghan@Sun.COM>, <www-international@w3.org>

At Sat, 3 Apr 2004 00:49:38 -0800,
Chris Haynes wrote:

> I was not able to test this on the Mac browsers; it would be
> interesting to know if this works on them as well.

I wrote a test JSP page a while ago based on Chris' suggestion.

http://www.runout.org/html-form-test/accept-charset.jsp

It would be nice if Mac users access the page and report the result here.

The page is encoded in UTF-8. Change your browser's encoding from its
encoding menu to other than UTF-8, type some non-ASCII string in a
text field, click Submit Query button. If "Input string = " line shows
a string you typed in, the trick is working.