From: Lill Therese Jacobsen [mailto:lill.therese.jacobsen@norskinteraktiv.no]
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 4:52 PM
To: souravm
Cc: www-international@w3.org
Subject: SV: Preferred font styles

Hi Sourav!

The system is supposed to show russian, persian, somali, kurdish, norwegian, arabic and english in addition to urdu (probably several languages also). So it would be perfect if one font supported all these languages. If not, we have to find the prefered (windows-)font for each language.

I found a webpage (http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/fonts.html#general) that lists the languages supported by different fonts, but here, Arial for instance, is said to support arabic. But I see the same squares in the urdu text when using Arial as we did with Lucida sans unicode.

So what I guess I’m looking for, is at list of languages with the belonging font (and the font covers all the necessary characters).

Regards,
Lill