New test page: Inline bidi markup

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:54:45 -0000
To: <www-international@w3.org>

I have put together a first draft of a test page to check browser
capabilities relating to inline bidi markup.

Quick testing on my XP platform are that the latest versions of IE,
Mozilla/Netscape and Opera (7.2) pass all tests.  (A couple that don't
include Opera 7.1 and Netscape 4.8).

By the way, I have reformatted all tests as a first step towards
isolating the tests for others' use.  I have also adapted the wording in
the tests to make identification of pass or fail faster.  (I have still
provided additional but greyed-out information so that in the event of a
fail it is easier to understand what didn't work.)

See http://www.w3.org/International/tests/sec-inline-bidi-1.html

PS: This is linked from http://www.w3.org/International/tests/ **which
is now linked from the I18N home page.**

Richard Ishida

contact info: http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/

W3C Internationalization FAQs
RSS feed: http://www.w3.org/International/questions.rss