Re: UTF-8 signature / BOM in CSS

Chris Lilley a écrit  :
> Almost correct. There are various byte sequences, all of which encode
> U+FEFF, whichis a byte order mark and not a character.

That's one way to see it, but another way is to consider it a character
and to bring it squarely in the grammar of a language, like I proposed
recently for CSS:

  EncodingDecl = [BOM][@charset=<foobar>]

with the additional constraint that EncodingDecl must occur at the start
of the stylesheet.

The BOM is a pretty mysterious beast for many, with a somewhat fuzzy
status, and the above has the advantage of making it and its role
explicit, instead of living in a some strange layer somewhere between
byte sequences and character sequences.

--
François