Re: New test page: UTF-8 signature / BOM

From: <tex@i18nguy.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:08:07 -0800
To: www-international@w3.org
Cc: mark.davis@jtcsv.com

Perhaps this mail should come with a warning. I am using a
machine with win xp and minimal memory and the page comes
up with a message:

A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run
slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become
Do you want to abort the script?

Plus it does just about hang this machine, as it is very
slow to load.

A recommendation for fonts would also be useful for the

Just fyi

In case you are interested for your test pages, I had put
together a Unicode

http://www.macchiato.com/unicode/UnicodeChart.zip (plain
HTML, 1.4MB)
http://www.macchiato.com/unicode/UnicodeChart.html (with