Re: New test page: UTF-8 signature / BOM

From: <tex@i18nguy.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:08:07 -0800
To: www-international@w3.org
Cc: mark.davis@jtcsv.com

Mark,

Perhaps this mail should come with a warning. I am using a
machine with win xp and minimal memory and the page comes
up with a message:

A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run
slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become
unresponsive.
Do you want to abort the script?
yes/no

Plus it does just about hang this machine, as it is very
slow to load.

A recommendation for fonts would also be useful for the
naiive.

Just fyi
tex

In case you are interested for your test pages, I had put
together a Unicode
chart:

http://www.macchiato.com/unicode/UnicodeChart.zip (plain
HTML, 1.4MB)