Re: Problem in downloading a pdf file having Japanese characters in the name of the file

A. Vine wrote:

> I'm with Steve.

On what? I don't think he took any position.

> RFC 2231 is so awkward and has so little support (it's
> been around for many years and yet only now have even a few products
> decided to support it)

  It's not more awkward than RFC 2047 for simple cases.

It's not its awkwardness but mostly the ignorance that kept it from
being implemented, IMHO.

> that I never recommend using it.

So, what do you recommend? Using 'raw' UTF-8 chars in http header is
reasonable  but using 'raw' non-ASCII/non-UTF-8 encodings must be avoided.