Re: Form submission when successful controls contain characters outside the submission character set

KUROSAKA Teruhiko <kuro@bhlab.com> writes:

> Do you have a particular use case where sending the
> out-of-charset characters may be benefitial?

Server-side does not *always* have to understand the input. Sometimes
it would be enough just to know the encoding.

For example, web interface of Yahoo!'s mailbox. The page with a mail
form has no charset defined, so ISO 8859-1 is used by default. This
way I have no way to send emails in any other charset! If I type
cyrillic text, that's what I get:

    &#1090;&#1077;&#1089;&#1090;

I don't know where this transformation takes place. I use Mozilla
here.

If I type german umlauts, it works as expected, but content type is
still wrong.

--
Alexander Pohoyda <alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>
PGP Key fingerprint: 7F C9 CC 5A 75 CD 89 72  15 54 5F 62 20 23 C6 44