Re: script faq suggestions

From: Tex Texin <tex@i18nguy.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:30:04 -0400
To: Val Ziegler <vziegler@rochester.rr.com>
Cc: www-international@w3.org

Val,

Hi. Any mistakes in the page are mine, not Richard's or the W3C's.

When I researched Urdu, I was led to believe there was a unique Urdu script,
in addition to the Arabic script in current use. Maybe the author was splitting hairs, as most describe Urdu as a version of the Perso-Arabic script, normally written in Nastaliq style.

I'll see if I can find the reference that made me list Urdu as separate. It didn't turn up in a quick search.

I'll collect comments and feedback for a while before updating the page.

For those interested in Urdu:

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/urdu.htm
http://www.rosettaproject.org/live/search/showpages?ethnocode=URD&doctype=detail&scale=six&version=2&allpages=1#

tex

> Val Ziegler wrote:
>
> Hello Richard,
>
> Just out of curiousity, why is the script for Urdu listed as Urdu and not
> Arabic, which it clearly is???
>
> Cheers!
>
> me

> Dr. Douglas-Val Ziegler