[IRI] draft-duerst-iri-03.txt submitted

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:56:17 -0500
To: www-international@w3.org
Cc: Michel Suignard <michelsu@microsoft.com>

I just submitted draft-duerst-iri-03.txt to the Internet-Drafts
editor. It will take some time to be announced, but you can have
a look at it at
http://www.w3.org/International/iri-edit/draft-duerst-iri-03.txt.

What I did before submitting it is the following
(see change log):

- Added an issues list.
- Added a paragraph prohibiting conversions from URIs to IRIs not
   based on UTF-8 to Section 3.2.
- Introduced iadditional to combine unwise, delims, and space.

The issues list at the moment contains three issues:

- Should characters in iadditional be allowed? Under what conditions?.
- Align the description in Section 2.3 with the results of W3C
   TAG discussions on issue URIEquivalence.
- Adapt depending on how [IDNURI] is integrated into [RFC2396bis].

I hope that we can get some progress on these issues, in particular
on the first two, next week at the Technical Plenary of the W3C.

Regards,    Martin.