UTF-8 transfers from browser forms to servers

From: by way of Martin Duerst <dh@onclick.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:52:15 -0500
To: www-international@w3.org

Hello -

I am not shure if I'm right here but need some information about the
transfer format of a UTF-8 string. If I enter some text into a HTML form
that is set to UTF-8, will the text be sent to the server (and the server
side scripting language) in form of a mix of ISO 8859-1 and UTF-8 codes,
represented with ISO 8859-1 characters, or is there a completely different
format for transfering UTF-8 strings?

Many thanks

Dennis Heuer