RE: Updating UTF-8 data into SQL Server 2000 using ASP.net

I think SQLServer 2000 nvarchar data is actually
stored as UCS2 so putting UTF8 data in there
directly might be the problem. I had a similar
problem before and had to convert the values
from UTF8 to UCS2 before doing an insert or
update a la N'...'. But then I was using Java
and JDBC and this was a couple of years ago ...

The SQLServer 2000 help does say this:

   nchar and nvarchar

   Character data types that are either
   fixed-length (nchar) or variable-length