Re: Updating UTF-8 data into SQL Server 2000 using ASP.net

From: Dragos Georgita <dragosg@p16.pub.ro>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:00:13 -0400
To: www-international@w3.org

Hello!
I have the same problem with multilanguage encoding.

I am using ASP.NET on Win 2003 Server with Microsoft SQL Server 2000.
The fields in the database are nvarchar and the inserting is done using
the  N'value' but it seems that data doesn't reach the database in the
correct format. (I can see only ???? in the database).
Of course all pages have meta directive for utf-8.

I've done a simple ASP page that does the same thing.
(gets some data from the input text and inserts it into the table, then
displays the data taken from the table)
... it works fine, the text is displayed correct for asian languages.
Furthermore, If I try to display this data from ASP.NET (keep in mind that
data is inserted ok because ASP
pages manage to display it correctly) the results are wrong.
What seems to be the problem?  Is that a problem with the driver for sql
server in ASP.NET which
changes the encodings?

Mr. Rajan Nepal, as I see you had the same problem some time ago.
If you have an answer for this problem, please help me.

Thank you,
Dragos