Looking for UTF-8 *plain text* multilingual sample page and text editor

From: Kurosaka, Teruhiko <Teruhiko.Kurosaka@iona.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:47:34 -0800
To: "Www-International (E-mail)" <www-international@w3.org>

Hello,
I am looking for a sample plain text file that has a few lines of sample text
in different languages (at minimum, English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean)
in UTF-8.  I have found some HTML samples such as below but I could not find
an equally good one in plain text format:
http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/utf8.html
http://crism.maden.org/dunno.html

I tried to convert one of the above to a plain text by eliminating tags and
extra text but my editor (Meadow, Mule based Windows specialized Emacs
editor) complains it cannot be UTF-8, probably because the text contains
some byte sequence it cannot understand for whatever reason.

I am also looking for a multilingual text editor that can read in
plain text file in popular encodings of CJK and UTF-8.  It does not
need to have any fancy functions.  Read, Write and Cut and Paste
would be enough.  Hopefully, it should have a builtin font so that
it can work on English Windows w/o extra font installation.
If you can recommend any, let me know.

T. "Kuro" Kurosaka
Internationalization Architect
teruhiko.kurosaka@iona.com