Re: Announcing draft-duerst-iri-02.txt

>   3) Re-escape any octets produced in step 2) that are not part of
>      a/any strictly legal UTF-8 octet sequence.

Changing 'any' for the second doesn't work. And some of the octets may have
come from #1 (I guess) I'd recommend:

Re-escape any octet that is not part of a strictly legal UTF-8 octet
sequence within the sequence of octets representing the URI.

[a bit clumsy -- perhaps that buffer can be given a name in defintion #1]

Mark
http://www.macchiato.com
►  “Eppur si muove” ◄