RE: Slightly off topic - Converting UTF-8 data to encoding sche me for Japanese in IBM MainframeHi All,

From: Russ Rolfe <rrolfe@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:02:32 -0800
To: <souravm@infosys.com>, "Zeng, Zhaohui" <Zhaohui.Zeng@NetManage.com>, <www-international@w3.org>

Sourav,

Microsoft has a couple of sets of APIs that should allow you to do this conversion.  One is called Mlang.  This will allow you to convert UTF-8 to Japanese EBCDIC.  You can find more about it at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/misc/mlang/mlang.asp

And the Code Page Identifiers are at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/intl/unicode_81rn.asp

The other way is to use the Win32 APIs "MultiByteToWideChar" to convert the UTF-8 encoding to Unicode and the use "WideCharToMultiByte" to convert Unicode to the Japanese EBCDIC.  You can find more about these API's at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/intl/unicode_17si.asp

Regards, Russ (rrolfe)
One of the World-Ready Guides (wrg)
Are you World-Ready?  http://globalsys/wr