Slightly off topic - Converting UTF-8 data to encoding scheme for Japanese in IBM MainframeHi All,

From: souravm <souravm@infosys.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:25:13 +0900
To: www-international@w3.org

Hi All,

Need an urgent help regarding UTF-8 data conversion in IBM Mainframe
390.

I have a data file in Windows system which contains Japanese characters
encoded using UTF-8. I need to send this file to IBM Mainframe 390,
where an application will read this data.

In this context I need to know the following information -

1. What is the encoding scheme is generally used in IBM Mainframe 390
for Japanese language ? I'm aware of IBM EUC. But this is not working.

2. Is there any API(s) available in Windows platform (2000) using which
I can use to convert the UTF-8 data to the encoding scheme supported by
IBM Mainframe 390 for Japanese ?

3. Does Java has any equivalent encoding scheme which can use to convert
the UTF-8 data to the encoding scheme supported by IBM Mainframe 390 for
Japanese ?

Could anyone please help me out in this ?

Thanks in advance,
Sourav