Re: Shift_JIS , UTF-16, iso-2022-jp

What if you just eliminate those meta tags completely? YOu will then be able to play with various combinations in the browser encoding settings to find out what it really is, and then you can consider your options on how to proceed?

You don't need to place the files on a server to do this, BTW, just save the source somewhere and do an "open file" in your browser.

HTH -

Barry Caplan
www.i18n.com