Call for participation: I18N Activity WG Task Forces

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 22:20:50 +0900
To: www-international@w3.org

Dear Internationalizers,

As announced at the International Unicode Conference in San Jose
the W3C Internationalization Activity has recently been restructured,
and the Internationalization Working Group (WG) and Interest Group (IG)
have been re-chartered. We are sure that this will provide you with
increased possibilities to contribute to Web Internationalization
in the widest sense, and are looking forward to your participation.

More information can be found at
     http://www.w3.org/International/about
and in the WG charter
     http://www.w3.org/2002/05/i18n-recharter/WG-charter.

The Working Group now consists of three Task Forces (see below)

- The Core Task Force is continuing previous work: completing the
   Character Model for the World Wide Web and the Internationalized
   Resource Identifiers (IRIs) specifications, and continuing reviewing
   specifications produced by other W3C Working Groups.
   The chair of the WG and the Core Task Force is Misha Wolf, Reuters.
   See http://www.w3.org/International/core for how you can participate.

- The Web Services (WS) Task Force is investigating the needs and problems
   in the area of internationalization of Web Services, in particular the
   dependency of Web Services on language, culture, region, and locale-related
   contexts.
   The chair of the Web Services Task Force is Addison Phillips, webMethods.
   See http://www.w3.org/International/ws for how you can participate.

- The GEO (Guidelines, Education & Outreach) Task Force is helping to get
   the internationalization aspects of W3C technology better understood and
   more widely and consistently used.
   The chair of the GEO Task Force is Richard Ishida, W3C. See
   http://www.w3.org/International/geo/howto-join-geo for how you can
participate.

This list will be used for general public discussion on
Web Internationalization, but with increased technical focus.

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, I18N Activity Lead, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org/People/D%C3%BCrst