Re: glyph selection for Unicode in browsers

From: <Peter_Constable@sil.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:58:47 -0500
To: Unicoders <unicode@unicode.org>, WWW International <www-international@w3.org>

On 09/26/2002 03:05:36 PM Tex Texin wrote:

>The problem I am looking to solve, is to be able to recommend Unicode as
>best practice for the web.

Which is a good thing to be concerned with, and all of the issues you raise
are certainly important.

>There is a market opportunity here for some industrious individuals...

I think there are various font technology issues very much in need of
solution, and preferably by agreement among font vendors (and also platform
vendors, for certain issues) as to how to go about it. I'm not sure how
that might come about.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>