setting language in http

From: Tex Texin <tex@i18nguy.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:38:53 -0400
To: jarkko.hietaniemi@nokia.com, www-international@w3.org

However, if someone knows how to set the content-language in http in a
.htaccess file that would be appreciated.
The commands I tried, I am either not privileged to use (and the ISP
won't tell which I am priv'd for and which I am not) or don't work as I
expect.

(I took unicode off the list since it is not a charset issue.)
tex

Tex Texin wrote:

> Done.
>
> I almost forgot, I have a web page that also describes how to use
> .htaccess with Apache.
> See tip #1 in:
> http://www.i18nguy.com/markup/serving.html
> tex