W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > January to March 2002

Japanese encoding?

From: Daniel Jayapaul <daniel@mustang-technologies.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:23:42 +0900
Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.J.20020228172336.03efa860@localhost>
To: www-international@w3.org
I am  Using Poolman in my JSP programs
for connection pooling .

I am dealing with Japanese fonts ..,
I am able to store these fonts into the
Database (mysql) which I am using but

I am unable to retrive the Japanese characters
from the database.

My O/S in windows 98

My database is mysql

My webserver is Tomcat


I tried changing the encoding to ISO-8859-1 in the Poolman.xml file
which is UTF-8  and still it does not work.

Without the Poolman I am able to retrive the Japanse data from database

****************************************************************************
*********************
My Source code is this

ResultSet res = stmt.executeQuery(sql);
more = res.next();
while(more) {

String str1 = new String(res.getBytes("storeno"),"ISO-8859-1");

//I have changed this encoding to Shift_JIS,UTF-8 still it does not work for
the String
//

out.println(str1);

more = res.next();

}

****************************************************************************
*********************
If you can suggest some alternatives It will
be useful for me.


Thanking You
E.Daniel Jayapaul
Java Team Leader
Mustang Technologies Co., Ltd.
99/29, Moo 4,Chaengwattana Road
Klong Gleua,Pakkred
Nonthaburi 1120,Thailand
http://www.mustang-technologies.com
Tel:   662 583 6161 -5
Fax:  662 583 6535
Received on Thursday, 28 February 2002 05:52:50 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 19:16:58 GMT