http_Accept_charset and internet explorer

From: Tex Texin <texin@progress.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:18:19 -0500
To: WWW International <www-international@w3.org>
Hi,

I need a sanity check. I am performing experiments on browsers and http
accept_charset.
I have seen documentation from Microsoft that IE 5+ issues the
accept_charset.
However, my program never sees accept_charset from IE 5.5 or 6.
The program reports its content for netscape and opera browsers.

I would just presume that IE doesn't set this, except for the doc I have
seen saying it does.
So I am wondering if I have a bug or the doc lies, or maybe there is
some condition determining whether IE does or doesn't send
accept_charset.

Has anyone else detected accept_charset from IE and is there some
browser switch for it?

tex

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655
Find out about Globalization Empowerment for Progress users
mailto:global-empowerment@progress.com
For a compelling demonstration for Unicode:
http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example.html