RE: Using UTF-8 as charset in SetContentType

From: souravm <souravm@infy.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:36:37 +0530
To: "Ting Yong Zhu" <zhuty@cn.ibm.com>, <www-international@w3.org>
Hi Tingyoug,

Thanks a lot for your input. It worked.

Regards,
Sourav

-----Original Message-----
From: Ting Yong Zhu [mailto:zhuty@cn.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 9:09 AM
To: www-international@w3.org
Subject: Re: Using UTF-8 as charset in SetContentType

hi,

There are some changes in WAS 4.0 on encoding selection.

First, make sure to modify the file in WAS_ROOT directory:
     properties/encoding.properties
Change the encoding for your desired locale. For example, if you want to
use UTF-8 for any locale, you'd change the file content as:
     en=UTF-8
     fr=UTF-8
     ... ...

Then, remember to SetContentType() to the corresponding encoding.

Good Luck!

Tingyong Zhu

                    "souravm"

                    <souravm@infy.com>           To:
<www-international@w3.org>

                    Sent by:                     cc:

                    www-international-requ       Subject:     Using
UTF-8 as charset in SetContentType
                    est@w3.org

                    2002-01-08 11:28

Hi All,

I'm using WebSphere's application server 4.0 on linux.
I'm setting the content type as charset=UTF-8.
In the linux OS I'm setting my locale to en_US.utf8 before starting the
application server.

I'm entering a japanese string from one form (user entered) and printing
the same string in the next form. It does not work. Where as if I try to
print a hard coded Unicode string it works fine.

Can anybody tell me what could be the problem ?

Regards,
Sourav