Re: Problem input Arabic text in HTML form using UTF-8 and Netscape

At 09:43 01/12/14 -0600, Mislav Kos wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm hoping some of you out there might be able to lend me some expertise in
>regards to entering and displaying Arabic text in HTML forms using Netscape
>browsers and the UTF-8 encoding.

>For example, when I open the HTML file included in
>this email below in my 4.72 Netscape browser, the text that's shown in the
>HTML form is incorrect. The text right above it, on the other hand, is
>correct. Furthermore, if you try to type Arabic into the text field, you'll
>get incorrect letters.

Hello Mislav,

In addition to what others have said, there is the problem that
Netscape 4 has its own text display code for the page itself,
but relies on the functionalities of your OS to do form input,
menues, text in the window title, and so on.

Regards,  Martin.