Re: UTF-8 strings in ServletExec 4.1

From: A. Vine <andrea.vine@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:36:25 -0700
To: souravm <souravm@infy.com>
Cc: bruce.wallman@us.pwcglobal.com, www-international@w3.org
Sourav, et al,
Please don't copy www-international-request, or any "-request" list.  They are
the programmatic controls to maintain the list (subscribing, unsubscribing,
digesting, etc.).  The only thing that "-request" lists do is read commands.

Java assumes originating charset unless you tell it what that originating
charset is explicitly.

I recommend that Java questions be posed to a Java forum, such as those listed
in:

 http://forum.java.sun.com/ .

I don't think the Java folks are on this list.

Andrea