De : www-international-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-international-request@w3.org]De la part de
bruce.wallman@us.pwcglobal.com
Envoye : jeudi 11 avril 2002 15:01
A : www-international@w3.org
Objet : question

Hello. I need help in reading Korean (and Japanese) characters
arriving at the server via HTTP. The data is in response to text input
fields on an HTML form. I am receiving some characters that in the
HTTP input stream show as things like %2354466;

I have found that the %23 is a # sign and that subtracting 65536 from
the remaining 5 character number and then taking the ChrW of the
result gives me the right ideograph for the many that I have tested.
Is this all there is to it? Are there limits to the algorithm such that the
subtract 65536 algorithm only works for a certain range of these
characters and some other calculation is needed for others?
Is the same process that is working on a Korean machine likely
to work for a Japanese one. I am supplying the browser with
character set Meta tags and go through the same routines when
receiving DBCS languages.

Thanks ahead.

Regards

computer.