Re: Internationalization & Localization guidelines

Thanks Thierry.

If you have the uniscape one, can you email it to me privately?
I don't want to go thru the registration to get it.
I have the rubric one somewhere.

I guess I will compile a master list if its of interest to people, but I
don't think I will have time to review each one. It will be more useful,
if there are lists that people find particularly useful or particularly
unhelpful, that people send me their comments along with a pointer to
the list.
I am expecting that the value of a checklist or a guideline is going to
be only partially determined by content and the rest by its format,
usability and ease of reference.

tex

Thierry Sourbier wrote:

> Tex,
>
> Here are a few links to web i18n guidelines/handbooks. I provide them *as
> is* in no particular order as I did not have the time to go through each one
> to assess the quality so don't blame me if some of them are not that good
> :). I'm sure there are quite a few more hidden in i18nGurus. I hope you'll
> find one you like...
>
> http://www.sapient.com/pdfs/strategic_viewpoints/globalization_a4.pdf
> http://www.rubric.com/local/handbooks.html
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/ittasks/p
> lan/sysplan/glolocal.asp
> http://www.tri.sbc.com/hfweb/marcus/hfweb00_marcus.html
> http://www.uniscape.com/globalization/whitepaper.html
>
> Cheers,
> Thierry.
> www.i18ngurus.com - Open Internationalization Resources Directory

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655
For a compelling demonstration for Unicode:
http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example.html