Internationalization & Localization guidelines/checklists

From: Tex Texin <texin@progress.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 14:13:33 -0500
To: www-international@w3.org, NE Localization SIG <nelocsig@egroups.com>
I am looking around for good guidelines and/or checklists for I18n/L10n.

I found several guides on the web, but I haven't seen any that are
comprehensive or general enough to be really useful.
Can you point me at any that you think are good, or make good starting
points?

Many of them are very technology-specific and bear down on certain
programming details (e.g. dealing with double byte characters in C).

I am looking for examples of guidelines that would make good starting
points to create a more comprehensive guideline for web design or would
make a good model to follow if I were to create one (WAI is a good
example I think).

Any comments about what makes a good checklist vs. what to avoid, will
be appreciated.

Some of this is in preparation for the workshop:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2001OctDec/0245.html

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655
For a compelling demonstration for Unicode:
http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example.html